Monday, January 21, 2013

Eerie Cloud Cover Softens My Horizon

THIS SUNDAY MORNING felt insulated as if I was walking through a cloud. The low lying mist so common during West Coast winters muffled footsteps and the voices of people strolling along the Crescent Beach shore.

Everyone huddled a little like this bird. Moisture from the mist touched our faces and life seemed to soften around the edges.

It was as if I had been pulled into a pencil drawing of delicate muted strokes. Every step brought me closer to color, though, and assured me there was much to be found within the eerie blank horizon.

It felt cozy and safe with the focus on what was in front of me without seeing too far ahead into the foggy future. Sometimes mist settles in a heavy shroud but on Sunday it wrapped around me gently like a fuzzy cloud shawl.

And despite the blurry start to my day I am compelled to quote from an old proverb that says, "A misty morning does not signify a cloudy day."

To explore sights from around the globe, link to Our World at the sidebar.

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle to view more BC scenes.

Copyright by Penelope Puddlisms

13 comments:

  1. I’m captivated by these foggy shots like a dream world. When I walked in Nara Park enveloped in the dense fog, deer appeared and disappeared one after another and I felt like that I was dreaming. An early misty morning always promises a bright sunny day in my place. I like a misty morning though I feel sorry for the commuters who have trouble due to delayed trains or traffic jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was down at the marina yesterday too for the fog. Your shots are great. It is nice to finally post a comment as your recent posts there was no place to post a comment. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These foggy photos are absolutely wonderful! They make me wish today was a foggy day here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's such a beautiful world when the fog hits the beach...there is mystery, and suspense, beauty and a light like no other time.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The foggy shots are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful misty captures, Penelope!
    Love the atmosphere of it...
    Have a nice week and warm greetings from Holland,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great, foggy, dreamy world you have! Terrific captures for the day! Hope you have a great week, do stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful misty photography ~ magical ~

    (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mists can be so enchanting, re-shaping and re-colouring reality! Adore that last photo with the blue rail leading to a monochrome setting! A delightful collection of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, I was sure I had left a comment for this thought-provoking post, Penelope. I guess it didn't make it from my mind to the screen :) I had never thought of fog being the perfect strategy for an in-the-moment philosophy, but the image of a fuzzy shawl wrapped about you is one that will come to mind every time I wake up to fog. In fact, there has been a lot of mist and fog over False Creek lately, so there has been lots of opportunity for that image (along with Sandburg's "Little Cat Feet") to settle in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.