Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Wishes For Bridges Each Step Of Your Way

Love is the bridge between you and everything. Rumi




It was hot that day with a cooling breeze as we walked adjacent to the busy car traffic.

Crossing over the Granville Street Bridge in Vancouver, my daughter and I had a bird's eye view (pictured left) of the Granville Island Public Market and the bright canary yellow restaurant there.

What better name for the restaurant than Bridges?

There are three bridge crossings in close proximity over False Creek, connecting downtown Vancouver to outlying areas. Across the way, we spied the Burrard Street Bridge built in the 1930's. Its Art Deco influence was visible from afar. Cambie Street Bridge (not pictured) also spans this inlet at the heart of the city.
A bridge can be any transitional device ... a thread, a complex web of communication from one to another or a simple log placed fortuitously over a tricky situation as my daughter's painting of Penelope (below) shows. 

There are imaginary, real and unchallenged obstacles as we press forward in life so I'll quote Penelope Puddle who would say without hesitation to all who cross from here to there: "Wishes for bridges each step of your way."

View more West Coast scenes at my latest photographic journal UNDER MY UMBRELLA and visit POSTCARDS FROM PENELOPE PUDDLE.

Originally posted May 22, 2018

23 comments:

  1. I love that..."wishes for bridges"!! I remember the first time I walked across the Granville Street Bridge. Hope to be in Vancouver soon or soonish, "the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise" which is quite possible right now.
    Luv, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fine day that was. I haven't been there in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is some bright yellow!!! Almost hurts the eyes, but definitely catches you attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The looks like an interesting market well worth the walk over the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't miss that yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...what a wonderful bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter is very talented, and your quote is the perfect accompaniment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life right now seems to be about bridging the gap between young-old and very-old .... and on a more mundane level, bridging between Florida and Oregon (as we are close to our semi-annual migration).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, love the photos of the bridge and river. Looks like a nice walk. The quote is great. Enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you looped the post from the photos of bridges to your artwork and your daughter. Magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative photo presentations ~ connecting all with bridges of some sort ~ lovely!

    Happy Day to you,
    C & Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the beautiful shots of the bridges but my favorite is the card you created. That's very special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs from here!
    Kay
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the view of the Burrard Street Bridge; the beautiful architecture of the bridge with the city’s connection to the 1930’s. The bright yellow color is setting the Bridges off. By connecting these fragmental scenes of the area, I imagine the area would look like Kobe Harbor area of my hometown regarding how the harbor downtown is developed for both local people and tourists.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely views from the bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Granville Island is such a fun place. I love walking around the booths and purchasing things to take outdoors to make a lunch. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not so wild about these great big bridges, but little country stone bridges over a slowly meandering stream are exquisite and I can never resist standing in them to look over.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet surprise to see your post. We were there at the beginning of May. I have a couple of posts up right now and took so many photos that I will do another when I have finished my vacation journal ones. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. p.s. almost forgot with my excitement to tell you how much I loved your daughter’s drawing of Penelope :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. If that's your daughter on the bridge what a beautiful hair she has and what a talent I love that beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful posts with glorious pictures to brighten the reader's day, even on rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have a wonderful way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marvelous post, thoroughly enjoyed! I had a delightful time at Granville Island Public Market when we were visiting Vancouver back in 2018. Your photos brought our trip right back to me, great memories!

    ReplyDelete

YOUR THOUGHTS add colour to the content and are always much appreciated.